The Drake Bulldogs will continue a three game homestand this week by hosting Wisconsin-Plateville. Drake is 1-1 after a 16-6 win over William Penn and with a Pioneer League opener with Morehead State coming up next week this could be a spot for a letdown. Coach Rob Ash does not expect one as he says his team is well aware of the fact that Wisconsin-Plateville beat them last year. He says that was a heartbreaking loss by one point, and he thinks that will help keep their attention.After two games Ash says he is happy where the team is at but says a lot of questions remain. He says the defense and kicking game are positives, but they have to find a way to score more on offense.Ash says the Bulldogs are much more physical this season and added experience is a major reason. He says they’re seniors and juniors and are stronger after being in the weight room for a couple of years.Drake has played several teams out of the Wisconsin Conference over the years and Ash says it is always a battle.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal