Several people were injured when a pickup and a school bus collided this morning in southwest Iowa. The Iowa State Patrol says the driver of the pickup and 12 grade school children from the College Springs/South Page Community Schools were hurt. The accident occurred about a half-mile east of Coin, in Page County, just after 7:30 this morning. Troopers say the bus, driven by 49-year old Sheila Hutchison, of Coin, had stopped to pick up children in front of a home when a pickup driven by 51-year old Galen R. Swanson, also of Coin, failed to see the bus due to glare from the sun. The pickup struck the bus from behind as it was eastbound. The injured students and driver of the pickup were taken to hospitals in Clarinda and Shenandoah where they were treated for minor injuries. The pickup was totaled, and the 1996 BlueBird bus sustained 10-thousand dollars damage. Troopers are still investigating the crash.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa