Authorities say they may have found the body of an Estherville woman missing for nearly a year.Estherville police captain Brent Shatto says a missing-persons report was filed on Tina Conde in November 2003. The last contact anyone had with her was a cellphone call from near the Mexican border November 3 a year ago and she’s been listed as missing since Novemebr 24. Shatto says a body recovered by Mexican authorities may be that of the woman, though they’re waiting for positive identification and reviewing photographs from police in south Texas. Local police are working with the U.S. Border Patrol, the Iowa D-C-I, the U.S. Consulate and embassy in Mexico, and the F-B-I. Shadow says the case is still open, though they’ve updated the woman’s family.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Congressman Feenstra says soaring national debt continues to be a concern
- Federal judge blocks carbon pipeline zoning rules in two Iowa counties
- Weather warm up is on the way
- Model shows how weather can impact the success of deer hunters
- Study showing rise in suicide rates could be particular worry for Iowa