A Clay Central/Everly student is in trouble for bringing a loaded gun to school.Clay County sheriff’s officers say they arrested a 15-year-old from Everly after they found a loaded 22-caliber revolver in his possession. The arrest was made in a school building though the officers say the weapon wasn’t discharged and nobody got hurt. The student’s charged with going armed with intent and carrying a weapon on school property, both Class “D” felonies. The teenager, who was taken to a youth emergency-services center in Cherokee, was reportedly upset over some ongoing tension with other students. Teachers, coaches and school authorities say they’re working now to reduce those problems.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Taylor will not resign as county supervisor after wife’s voter fraud convictions
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G