The latest economic survey finds Iowa thriving, according to Creighton University economist Ernie Goss. The survey of supply managers and business leaders for October found Iowa’s economy continuing to expand with indicators it will continue expanding. Goss says hiring is up and some Iowa industries even reporting labor shortages. While the state economy usually sees a boost as the holidays approach, Goss says it looks like Iowa’s seeing more than the typical late-year jump. He says the economic bounce is better than last year when seasonally adjusted, however he says the Christmas shopping season ahead does -not- look as good as last year. He says oil prices are taking a big chunk out of consumer spending.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk