Police in the southwest Iowa town of Villisca are investigating a shooting that happened last night. Villisca Police Chief Butch Rulla says the Montgomery County 9-1-1 center reveived a call just before five o’clock last night from 45-year-old Kirk Black. Black told the dispatcher that he’d just been shot in the leg by his wife, and needed an ambulance. When police arrived, they arrested 36-year-old Laura Black and took Kirk Black to the hospital for treatment of a gunshot wound to the leg. Black was later transported to an Omaha hospital for surgery. The shooting remains under investiation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal