A world-champion trap-shooter and his wife were killed Wednesday in a fiery crash in western Iowa’s Harrison County. Authorities say a car driven by 84-year-old Bob Allen of Spirit Lake lost control on Interstate 29 near the Little Sioux Bridge. The car left the roadway and plunged 50 feet off the road and burst into flames upon impact with the ground. Allen and his wife, Sari, were killed in the crash. Bob Allen was a world-class trap-shooter who won two world championships, and 72 state titles in 12 different states. He also founded Bob Allen Sportswear, a company that makes gloves and other apparell which were used by the U.S. Olympic shooting team in the 1990s. Authorities say it’s unclear why the car left the roadway and the crash is still under investigation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!