Officials in southwest Iowa are on the lookout for two escapees from the Beadle County, South Dakota, jail. Union County Sheriff Rick Piel indicates the men identified as Jason Lee Heasley and Jason Lee Mynatt, also known as Justin Lee Mynatt, are wanted for armed residential robbery in Union County. Piel say the men stopped at a rural residence near Afton to ask directions. When the resident took Mynatt inside her residence to write directions out he produced a knife and asked for her cash. A struggle ensued resulting in a minor injury to the resident. After taking the cash the two fled on the R-E-A road north of Afton in a stolen pick-up truck located on the Union Clarke County line. Another vehicle was then stolen from Clarke County. The Clarke County vehicle is described as a 2000 Mazda Quadcab with an older silver topper with Iowa plates of 8-2-0-M-D-G. Piel indicates the two men are considered armed and dangerous and if you see the men please contact your local authorities.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Tonight is final GOP debate before 2024 Iowa Caucuses
- Dreaming of a white Christmas? New Iowa map shows your chances
- Appeal denied for man convicted of murder outside Pisgah bar
- More people call for Woodbury County Supervisor to resign
- Congressman Feenstra says soaring national debt continues to be a concern