It wasn’t the cold, but vandalism, that forced a two-hour late start of classes this morning at a northeast Iowa school district. Independence school officials say during the night, someone unplugged all the district’s buses. The vehicles, which run on diesel, all froze up in sub-zero temperatures and wouldn’t start this morning. District transportation officials discovered the vandalism when they arrived for work today. They immediately began thawing the buses out in an attempt to get them running. District officials reported the vandalism to Independence police. The crime is under investigation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Taylor will not resign as county supervisor after wife’s voter fraud convictions
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G