Authorities are investigating a charter bus accident southeast of Waterloo that sent two people the hospital and a third person to jail. The crash happened around one p.m. Sunday on Interstate 380 near the La Porte City interchange in southeast Black Hawk County. The Iowa State Patrol says the accident occurred when a passenger on the Burlington Trailways bus grabbed the steering wheel, causing it to swerve out of control. The northbound bus crossed the median and collided with a southbound sport utility vehicle, driven by 33-year-old Krista Fuller of Cedar Rapids. Fuller and her one-year-old daughter, Jeanna, were treated for injuries at a Waterloo hospital and later released. The passenger who caused the accident was taken to the Black Hawk County Jail. His name has not been released. The Iowa State Patrol says the man is facing charges, but won’t say what those charges are.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- New challenge to law banning books that describe sex acts from Iowa schools
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record