Police on Wednesday released tape of the 911 call made the night Pierre Pierce is accused of trashing a girlfriend’s apartment in West Des Moines. The caller says she doesn’t know the woman’s name but lives next door and was concerned about the woman’s safety. “I think there is an assault taking place inside my townhouse.” The dispatcher asks the address and the woman gives a West Des Moines street address on South 79th. The unidentified neighbor says she noticed the girl who lives near her screaming out in her car, and seeing a man through the car window “jumping.” The caller says something (partly intelligible) about hearing a woman screaming “what are you doing?” and seeing a man “in the car on her.” During the tape the emergency dispatcher questioned the caller, asking if the caller knows the names of the woman she’s seeing or the man who’s with her, and she replies she doesn’t, “but they just went inside and I don’t think she’s really OK like she said she was.” Pierce was dropped from the University of Iowa basketball team after the woman he’d reportedly been seeing for over two years accused him of trashing her apartment and assaulting her, and authorities on Wednesday filed six charges including burglary, criminal mischief, domestic abuse and false imprisonment.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal