An arrest has been made after a suspicious fire in western Iowa last month. An investigation by the Adair County Sheriff’s office and the State Fire Marshall led to the arrest of 19-year-old Andrew Mills of Greenfield Tuesday. Mills allegedly tried to start a fire at a house near Bridgewater twice, once on January 16th then again on January 19th. The Fire Marshall’s office found traces of accelerant after the second incident which completely destroyed the home. No one was living in the house and there were no injuries. Mills is facing second degree arson charges. The Adair County Sheriff’s office would not comment on a possible motive, but did say they are still investigating and could file additional charges in the case.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!