The crash of a motorcycle and a semi truck has killed a northwestern Iowa man. 33-year-old Mark Glackin of Woodbine was killed late yesterday (Thursday) afternoon when the motorcycle he was riding collided with a semi on Iowa Highway 175 east of Odebolt. The State Patrol says the accident occurred when an eastbound semi driven by 65-year-old Richard Roelf of Odebolt attempted to make a left-hand turn into a driveway. The truck he was driving collided with Glackin’s westbound motorcycle. Glackin was returning to his home in Woodbine at the time of the accident. Glackin had served as the Woodbine Middle/High School principal for the past three years. He had recently accepted the position of superintendent for the Armstrong-Ringstead School District for the upcoming school year. Glackin is survived by his wife Lynne and three children.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime