Investigators are still looking into the death of a Nora Springs woman found dead late Friday afternoon. 47-year-old Mindy Jean Venz was found dead late Friday afternoon in her garage. Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation agent Bill Basler says Venz’s death is considered suspicious, but the cause of death remains undetermined . Venz’s husband, 54-year-old Gary Venz, was arrested shortly after his wife’s death was reported. Venz was taken to the Floyd County Jail on a charge of violating a no-contact order, but was released from jail on his own recognizance on Saturday.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature
- ‘Religious Freedom’ bill wins final legislative approval, heads to governor
- House votes to restrict DEI programs at Iowa, ISU and UNI
- Warm weather wakes up ticks, so wear insect repellant