The state high school baseball tournament moves to Principal Park in Des Moines and half the field will be set after tonight’s sub-state final in 2A and 1A. In 2A,Dyersville Beckman will be in search of an 11th trip to the state tournament when the sixth ranked Blazers host a number eight Center Point-Urbana team that has won 15 of its last 16 games. Beckman coach Tom Jenk says they’re well coached with good athletes. Jenk who always puts together a demanding regular season schedule for his team and feels it pays off in the post-season. He says there shouldn’t be any situation they haven’t seen by the time they get to the tournament.In class 1A, sixth ranked Sentral of Fenton looks to break through with a matchup against Southeast Webster. With a victory Sentral would earn a first-ever trip to the state tournament. Sentral coach Mike Elsbecker says this is their third substate game in the last four years and they hope finally make it over the hump. Elsbecker who says his team has been able to handle the pressure that comes with a tournament run. He says the team doesn’t show a lot of emotion or frustration either way.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal