Wartburg College football coach Rick Willis has resigned to become the school’s full time athletic director. Willis became the coach in 1997 following a stint as an assistant coach at Wittenburg. In his nine year tenure his team went 79-17 overall and went 63-9 in the Iowa Conference, winning four league championships and four NCAA playoff berths. Willis was named the interim athletic director last January, but had retained his coaching duties. The search for a new football coach will begin immediately.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness