The curator of a military museum in Johnston says his facility has the largest display of hand-held firepower in Iowa. Michael Vogt is curator of the Iowa Gold Star Military Museum at Camp Dodge. There are about 130 small arms on display, everything from anti-tank guns manufactured by the Germans in World War I to fairly-modern M-16s. All of the guns were used or found on the battlefield by an Iowa soldier. Vogt says the best scenario is when the veteran who used or found the firearm brings the weapon in to the museum so they can tell of its use and history.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- New challenge to law banning books that describe sex acts from Iowa schools
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record