Investigators say the bus carrying a detasseling crew had halted for a stop sign at a country intersection about 20 miles southwest of Waterloo when it pulled out onto a highway in the path of an oncoming truck. The pickup wasn’t going very fast but the driver says he couldn’t swerve out of the way because there was a car in the other lane. The pickup driver’s a little sore but none of the 26 passengers on the bus was hurt. The Marshalltown bus driver was cited for failure to yield.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness