Divers have returned to the Mississippi River this (Thursday) morning to continue the search for a missing man. Late Wednesday afternoon officials identified the man as a former teacher at Muscatine High School. Ed Ware had been a member of Muscatine’s champion baseball and basketball teams in the 1950s, and returned to teach there for years before retiring just a few years ago. On Wednesday morning he was out on a boat with his wife and grandchildren when they tell the Department of Natural Resources the wind blew off a hat. Reaching for it in the river, he fell from the boat and went under the water. Ware was not wearing a life jacket.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Humboldt Middle School teacher charged with sexual exploitation of a student
- Lawmaker launches converation about cutting Iowa casino taxes
- Author of the Bass Reeves trilogy to appear in Iowa tonight
- Historic West Liberty building moving today
- Opening day to submit nominating papers for Iowa’s 2024 Primary Ballot