Staff and patients at a western Iowa hospital were evacuated from a section of the building this morning. Contractors accidentally started a fire in the walls of the hospital in Missouri Valley. Hospital administrator James Seymour says insulation in the walls of the hospital accidentally caught on fire. Volunteer fire fighters from Missouri Valley and Logan doused the blaze quickly.Seymour says it’s a mess and they’ll have to re-paint, re-plaster and re-carpet. But, he says it isn’t anything that can’t be fixed.The hospital’s emergency room was unaffected and stayed open during the fire.
You are here: / / Workers accidentally set fire at hospital