Police in Council Bluffs reacted quickly when receiving word of a local high school student who reportedly had drawn a map of laying bombs in his school and talked of shooting people. Police captain Donna Gray says 15-year-old Sean Mindenhall is charged with first degree harassment. Principal Warren Weber (wee’-ber) says the student’s threats were taken seriously. Weber says the past week has been difficult for his students. Students say Mindenhall is part of the “Gothic” movement and hangs out with a group that’s obsessed with death. Mindenhall, who was arrested yesterday, was taken to the Southwest Iowa Juvenile Detention Center then released to a parent. He’s been suspended from school for 10 days and school officials are considering expelling him.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Bill tightens Iowa’s ban on foreign ownership of farmland
- House sends governor repeal of Iowa’s gender balance rule for boards, commissions
- Humboldt Middle School teacher charged with sexual exploitation of a student
- Lawmaker launches converation about cutting Iowa casino taxes
- Author of the Bass Reeves trilogy to appear in Iowa tonight