Iowa’s playgrounds get a “C-minus” from the National Program for Playground Safety. Tom Kramer is a spokesman for the group. Playgrounds at schools, in parks and at child day care centers were evaluated. Kramer says in many respects, the problems discovered by the survey can be easily corrected. Kramer says over 13-hundred playgrounds around the country were evaluated — and the average score was a “C-minus.” The National program for Playground Safety is headquartered at the University of Northern Iowa.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature