A 38-year-old man who escaped last Friday from the Iowa Men’s Reformatory inAnamosa has been recaptured. William Morehead was caught today near Grimesin central Iowa after a high-speed chase. Anamosa Warden John Ault saysMorehead was in prison on two theft charges. He had tried the escape routebefore.The Warden says Morehead should have tried to stay within the walls for justa few more months as he would have been released a free man in February.Morehead faces a slew of new charges.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!