A Monticello business has been cleared to continue to bid on contracts withthe federal government despite paying 195-thousand dollars in a genderdescrimination suit. The labor department says Star Building Systems is back in good standingafter signing a reconciliation agreement. Four women filed suit claimingthey had been descriminated against. The company reached an agreement to paythe women back wages and interest.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!