Eastern Iowans are encouraged to dig through their basements and attics tofind old musical instruments that can still be played, but that’re gatheringdust. “Miss Iowa 1999” is leading a project to collect the forgotteninstruments to give to low-income children who want to learn to play them.21-year-old Jennifer Caudle of Davenport will represent Iowa in the MissAmerica Pageant next month. Caudle is a cello player who started this drivefor musical instruments several months ago. She’ll be collecting them todayat NorthPark Mall in Davenport.Today’s appearance at the Davenport mall is an opportunity for people tomeet Miss Iowa.This marks Caudle’s final public appearance in the Quad Cities beforeleaving for the traditional Disneyworld visit, and then on to Atlantic City,New Jersey for the pageant September 18th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk