The hardships created by a “global economy” were discussed last night duringa forum in Des Moines. Sandra (Sawn-druh) Sanchez (Sawn-chez) of theAmerican Friends Service Committee says the goal was to educate new workers,particularly immigrants, about their rights on the job.Sanchez says workers tend to pit against each other and not the employer whenjobs are moved overseas.Members of the Committee of Women Workers and the United Steel Workers ofAmerica were panelists, but Sanchez says the forum hit topics concerning theentire state. The forum was held at Drake University.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk