The Eighth U-S Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a lower court ruling Fridaycalling Iowa’s law banning so-called “partial birth abortions”unconstitutional. The Iowa Right to Life Committee responded to the decisionwith a short statement by spokesperson Samona Yentes. She says abortionproviders overturned the law by arguing that partially delivering a livingfetus before killing it applies even to first trimester abortions. Yentessays providers aren’t telling this to women who go in for a first trimesterabortion.Yentes says while the decision is disappointing, a decision by a VirginiaAppeals court to uphold a similar law gives hope.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!