Some 200 classic cars and trucks will be tooling around western Iowastarting today — to both see the sights of that side of the state and to beseen by the residents. Organizers say Motor Ioway is a rollinghistory exhibit.Jerry Schnepf is project coordinator for the road tour which leaves DesMoines today and heads for points west. It’ll be rolling through westernIowa through October 8th.Schnepf says it’s important that people, younger ones especially, get outand see these aging vehicles and hear the stories about them from thedrivers.The tour begins & ends in Des Moines with overnight stops in: Creston,Council Bluffs, Sioux City and Carroll. There are also pit stops in:Winterset, Osceola, Lamoni, Corning, Shenandoah, Hamburg, Missouri Valley,Moorhead, Sioux Center, Rock Rapids, LeMars, Mapleton, Denison, ClimbingHill, Lake View, Coon Rapids, Perry and Adel.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness