An autopsy finds the Council Bluffs girl who died in a housefire yesterdaywas killed by smoke inhalation. Fire Chief Allen Beyers says two-year-oldAmber Sue Birch was killed in the blaze which was apparently set by herolder brother.Ironically, the fire broke out on the first day of Fire Prevention Week inIowa. Beyers says it’s all the more horrible that a four-year-old with alighter apparently set the fire. Beyers says the fire is an example ofeverything they teach against.Beyers says the fatal fire was hard on some of his firefighters because itinvolved a young child.It’s the first fire death in Council Bluffs in five years.
You are here: / / Girl dies in fire started by brother