Governor Vilsack will go to Seattle, Washington, at the end of this month toattend the World Trade Organization meeting.Vilsack is pushing for cuts in “European Union” ag subsidies.Countries which are part of the European Union spend half of their overallbudget on agricultural supports, including seven Billion dollars in exportsubsidies.Vilsack says European ag subsidies distort the world trade picture and donot reward farmers for growing food cheaply.The World Trade Organization meeting begins November 30th — and Vilsackplans to spend three days at the conference.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- With deer season underway, Iowa hunters are urged to secure their shotguns
- Register’s ‘Iowa Poll’ shows Trump lead growing
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package