The dry weather this fall has led to drought conditions for farmers and burning bans in many counties, but for contractors working road construction it’s been a blessing.Willy Sorenson is an assistant construction engineer with the Iowa Department of Transportation. Sorenson says warmer weather is also nice, but the lack of rain clouds really helps move construction along. Sorenson works in central Iowa and says the I-35/I-80 project near Urbandale is a good example of how well things are going. Sorenson says that project could be done in a couple of weeks — beating the projected finish date of next spring.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall