It’s one week ’til Thanksgiving and the leader of the Iowa Turkey Growers Cooperative is looking at what kind of turkey Iowans will be gobbling up this year. He says they are considering an all natural turkey without any growth promoting drugs.Iowa Turkey Growers Co-op President and C-E-O Paul Hill raises turkeys on his farm near Ellsworth. Hill says the turkey that’s available at your local grocery store keeps getting leaner.Hill says the turkey industry is running counter to the rest of agriculture and turkey growers will have a decent year, financially. Hill worries about next year, though, as turkey producers plan to raise more little gobblers.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal