Davenport firefighters are sifting through what’s left of burned out home in which three people died this morning, looking for the cause of the fire. Fire Chief Tom Ryan says the home was very old and burned quickly.He says the wood-frame home had no fire stops built into the older style of construction and the flames spread quickly from the bottom to the top floor. Ryan says the fire was burning so quickly that his men couldn’t remove the victims until the fire was put out.One victim was found on the first floor and two others were on the second floor. All three were adults, and their names have not been released. One adult and one child were able to escape the fire.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness