The Iowa Hawkeyes fell short in comeback attempt at Minnesota last night losing 85-82. Iowa rebounded a missed free throw with seven seconds left, but turned the ball over and didn’t get a shot off to try and tie the game. Iowa had trailed by 15-points and coach Steve Alford says he was proud of the way they came back.Rob Griffin led the Hawkeyes with 29 points and seven rebounds and Kyle Galloway finished with 18 points.Rod Thompson was the only other Hawkeye in double figures as he came off the bench to score 10 points. Iowa is now 7-7 overall and 1-2 in the Big Ten.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!