Freezing drizzle is making driving hazardous across parts of eastern and southern Iowa this morning. Highway Patrol spokesman Sergeant Dave Garrison says there have been many fender benders on the icy roads.Sergeant Garrison says motorists need to be patient and stay alert for that so-called “black ice”, which is difficult to see.Freezing rain and scattered snow are in the forecast for much of the state. The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for east-central and southeast Iowa.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill