Governor Vilsack is urging Senators to take up a House-passed bill which would launch a criminal investigation of the Iowa Housing Corporation. The agency was created a decade ago and given eight Million dollars in state tax money to help finance low-income housing. The 100-member Iowa House voted yesterday to launch the criminal probe because of outlandish executive pay and potential insider deals, but key Senate leaders refuse to say whether they’ll allow the matter to be considered by the Senate. Vilsack is optimistic the bill will be passed by the Senate.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature