More arrests are expected after a methamphetamine bust in northeast Iowa. 41-year-old Richard Keith Jochem (JO’-kum) of Hazelton is charged with possession and the manufacturing of meth. Buchanan County Sheriff Leonard Davis says it’s one of several meth-related cases he’s handled lately.Sheriff Davis says investigators found meth, marijuana and items used to make meth inside Jochem’s home. Davis says the prevalence of anhydrous in the area, a key ingredient in meth, is the reason for the increase in meth cases.Davis says his department is doing all it can to bust meth labs but he says the public’s help is needed. He says the public has to report things if they see something going on.Jochem is being held at the Buchanan County jail.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature