With the arrival of spring, state officials are warning Iowans scam artists may also be arriving on their doorsteps. Bill Brock is director of the Consumer Protection Division of the Iowa Attorney General’s office. Brock says most legitimate contractors don’t go door-to-door.Brock says reliable contractors should be able to provide references and other credentials, plus, they should be registered with Iowa Workforce Development.Brock says one key element to having this type of work done is to get everything on paper..and never pay up front for the whole project.For more information on home repair scams or to report a problem, call the Attorney General’s office at (515) 281-5926.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill