A western Iowa highway was closed for seven hours today after an accident that killed an Iowa man. A Weaver, Iowa, truck driver was killed when the semi he was driving collided, head-on, with another semi at about 4:20 this morning. The accident happened about 10 miles north of Harlan on Highway 59. The Iowa Highway Patrol says 38-year-old Ralph Henry Blanchard died after his northbound semi crossed the centerline and hit another truck. The driver of the other truck, John Ulve of Minnesota, was not injured. Both semis lost their loads and the roadway was blocked for about seven hours.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Nunn says expelled US House, Senate members shouldn’t get gov’t pensions
- Congresswoman Hinson says legislation needed to address border issues
- Ida Grove woman charged in death of her young son
- Supreme Court reverses ruling giving Manchester man a third attempted murder trial
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities