Two runners from Cedar Rapids and two walkers from Des Moines have just returned to Iowa after competing in the Dublin marathon. Sharon Gradischnig of the Iowa Arthritis Foundation says her group provided the training for those runners and walkers.Gradischnig says the training’s called “Joints in Motion” and the two men and two women raised over 16-thousand dollars.Eight other runners and walkers leave in four weeks for the Honolulu Marathon on December 8th.Five of the Honolulu-bound athletes are from central Iowa; one is from Missouri; one’s from Keokuk; another’s from Ames.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response