Two young northwestern Iowa brothers are dead after a weekend house fire. A faulty clothes drier is being blamed for starting the Sunday night house fire in Akron that killed two young brothers. Kole and Kyle Nilson were three and six years old. Their mother, 31-year-old Carla Nilson, escaped, along with a foreign exchange student from Germany. The father was at work.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- New challenge to law banning books that describe sex acts from Iowa schools
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record