Construction workers sparked a small fire today at the Governor’s mansion. Terrace Hill, the Governor’s Mansion in Des Moines, is being renovated and workers soldering metal accidentally heated some old wood this morning. It caused a little bit of smoke but not much of a fire. The construction crew put it out with a fire extinguisher and a bit of water. It happened on the outside of the building on scaffolds where workers are renovating the mansion’s third floor.
You are here: / / Workers spark fire at Terrace Hill