The Iowa Utilities Board is ordering I-E-S Utilities to refund millions of dollars to natural gas customers. Ron Polle of the Iowa Consumer Advocate’s office says the money was paid by customers to cover insurance premiums for environmental clean-up costs associated with natural gas plants. Polle says customers were paying over four million dollars a year for the premiums. He says I-E-S has recovered over 18-million from the insurance companies. Polle says I-E-S has approximately 180-thousand natural gas customers in Iowa. He says 90-percent of the insurance money recovered by the company will be paid to customers. The average refund will be about 42-dollars. Polle says the refunds will likely be paid at the end of March.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!