In the class 2A semifinals, Ackley-Geneva/Wellsburg-Steamboat Rock outscored Monroe PCM 6-1 in overtime in 59-54 victory. The Cougars won despite foul trouble for leading scorer Adam Viet.In the class 3A semifinals, Andy Kelchen hit a pair of free throws with 28-seconds remaining as Western Dubuque stayed unbeaten with a 60-56 win over Harlan.Harlan got a bad break when senior point guard Dominic Leinen became ill just hours before the game.Harlan coach Mitch Osborn says someone woke him up from a nap and told him Leinen was sick. Osborn says they tried giving him medicine, but it didn’t help. Nathan Funk had 27-points as Sioux City Heelan got by Pella 64-58. Funk says his confidence level rose as the game wore on.It was Heelan’s 15th straight win and Funk says playing the title game was unthinkable just a few months ago.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G