Time’s running out for Iowans to renew the registration on their boats. You’re required to renew the license on your boat every two years in Iowa and the next deadline for doing so is Monday. Iowa Department of Natural Resources spokesman Rod Slings says it’s not like car registrations as notices of renewal are not sent out to boat owners. Slings says you need to go to the County Recorders Office for a renewal. Slings says Iowa has 204-thousand registered boats. He says a boat is any vessel that can carry people, and that includes personal watercraft like jet skis. License fees vary depending on the size of your boat. He says the fees go back into helping boaters. Slings says if you’re caught out on the water after Monday without a new green registration sticker, you’ll get a citation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk