A Minnesota company known for manufacturing windows today purchased a Des Moines company that makes storm doors. Andersen Corporation of Bayport, Minnesota purchased EMCO Enterprises of Des Moines. EMCO President J. Glasnapp says today’s sale completes the negotiations that’ve been ongoing for a period of time. He says as they got to know Andersen, they could see the strategic fit between the companies.Glasnapp says EMCO employs over 500 people in Des Moines and another 200 in a plant in Virginia. He says the sale’s only impact on EMCO’s employees is to make the company stronger. He says they won’t cut any jobs, and in fact are in the process of adding 45 jobs. Glasnapp says EMCO will still be run locally.Glasnapp and other members of the management team will stay with the company and run its operations. Glasnapp says the company makes a line of storm doors that’re sold across the country. Andersen manufactures wood windows and patio doors that’re sold nationwide.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal