Governor Tom Vilsack will deliver an unconventional commencement addresstoday at his alma mater, Hamilton College in Clinton, New York. Vilsack will read a children’s book titled “The 49th Magician”. The book isthe story of a young king who needs a new magician, and isn’t impressed with the first 48 who interview for the job.The “49th Magician” shows the King the wonders of the outside world, and the King enjoys himself so much, he loses track of time. Vilsack says college graduates should look for the job where time becomes meaningless and if they can find that, they will find what they really should do.The book was written by the President of a women’s college that’s located in Clinton, New York. It’s Christie Vilsack’s alma mater.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal