The Black Hawk County Health Department believes a case of tuberculosis has been discovered in a Waterloo school. County Health Department Director Tom O’Rourke says he can’t say if the victim is a child or adult.O’Rourke says the individual is connected with a Waterloo elementary school.He says between 100 and 125 people at the school who had close contact with the individual will be tested for the disease on Tuesday.O’Rourke says tuberculosis is not highly contagious, but those in close contact with an infected individual are at a greater risk of getting the disease.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G