Grinnell College had a national champion at the division three track and field championships for the first time since 1988. Junior Nicole Cueno from Maquoketa won the 15-hundred meter crown. Cueno had lofty goals heading into the season but did not really start out thinking about winning the national title. She says it was a goal to be an All-American, but didn’t think about winning the title.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill