Central College captured just one conference title but overall balance helped the Dutch win the women’s Iowa Conference all-sports trophy. All eight of the school’s women’s sports finished in the upper half of the conference.Central athletic director Al Dorenkamp says it’s a tremendous honor considering the level of competition in the Iowa Conference. He says “the bar continues to rise” when it comes to competing in the conference. But he says each school pushes the other to be better. The school won the national division-three title in volleyball and finished as the national runner-up in softball.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature
- ‘Religious Freedom’ bill wins final legislative approval, heads to governor
- House votes to restrict DEI programs at Iowa, ISU and UNI